This guideline has been developed for the use of WCPT member organisations intent on supporting physical therapists in their endeavours to maintain the currency of their professional education and thus deliver high quality evidence based services to their clients/patients.
While the guideline has been developed for and with input from member organisations of WCPT, the intent is that it may be used as well by countries where associations and education programmes do not currently exist and where the profession is not represented in WCPT.
This guideline is part of a package of resources designed to support physical therapy professional organisations in their efforts to implement the WCPT policy statement: Education, specifically in relation to post qualifying education and lifelong learning.
There are differing levels of entry level education for physical therapists and this guideline relates to the quality of programmes, not the level offered.
Other policies and intended to assist in the delivery of education policy include:
- Policy statement: Education
- Guideline: Standard evaluation process for accreditation/recognition of physical therapist professional entry-level education programmes (PDF)
- Guideline: Physical therapist professional entry level education
- Guideline: Qualifications of faculty for physical therapist professional entry level programmes
- Guideline: Clinical education component of the physical therapist professional entry level programme