WCPT's policy statement on education sets out its agreed stance or opinion on professional entry level education. It is an important tool for informing education policy and delivery around the world, and furthering the development of the profession.
This guideline on qualifications of has been produced to support member organisations intent on meeting WCPT’s guideline for physical therapist professional entry level education through the development of physical therapist professional entry level programmes. While the guideline has been developed for and with input from member organisations of WCPT, the intent is that it may also be used by countries where associations and education programmes do not currently exist and where the profession is not represented in WCPT.
The guideline has been informed by and is for use in conjunction with existing WCPT policy statement and :
- Guideline: Physical therapist professional entry level education
- Guideline: Clinical education component of the physical therapist professional entry level programme
- Guideline: Standard evaluation process for accreditation/recognition of physical therapist professional entry level education programmes (PDF)
- Policy statement: Autonomy
- Policy statement: Description of physical therapy
- Policy statement: Education
- Policy statement: Ethical responsibilities of physical therapists and WCPT members
- Policy statement: Evidence based practice
- Policy statement: Regulation of the physical therapy profession
- Policy statement: Relationships with other health professionals
- Policy statement: Research
- Policy statement: Standards of physical therapist practice
Together these documents enable the development and of high quality physical therapist professional entry level programmes.