About the network
The aims of the PTP network are to:
- provide support to physiotherapists
- facilitate communication
- encourage exchange of information and ideas
- foster collaborative research
- develop educational material of the highest standard to support the teaching of pain at pre-qualifying level
- increase awareness of worldwide issues in the understanding,
assessmentand management of pain and the impact suboptimal pain management has upon society
- encourage the development of
physiotherapyin the field of chronic pain - prevention, interventions, and research
- organise relevant conferences and educational activities
- provide physiotherapists with greater knowledge in the neurophysiology of pain in order to better understand the mechanisms underlying a person's pain
- promote the biopsychosocial model of people-centered care.
The network also sees collaborative networking with likeminded, credible and appropriate professional and multi-professional organisations as vital for the development of better pain understanding worldwide.
Membership of the PTP Network is free and open to physiotherapists working with or interested in working with people with pain related issues who belong to a World
You can apply for membership by sending an email with your name, country, the World
Through your membership you will be linked with colleagues who share the same background and interests, in your own country and worldwide.