demonstrates our accountability to key stakeholders
- shows how we align our strategic objectives with our operational activities.
When we measure and report on our impact, we are being transparent about our work, our activities, and our processes. We do this by:
- taking responsibility for our impact and encouraging others to take responsibility for their impact
- focusing on our purpose
- involving others in how we undertake our work
- using relevant and appropriate methods and resources
- considering the full range of difference we make
- being honest and open
- being willing to change and act on what we find
- sharing our plans to make an impact.
Impact of congress
Every two years we hold a congress and bring together the global
In 2023, more than 2,200 people from 120 countries/territories took part in our congress in Dubai, UAE.
- 41% of participants were from the Asia Western Pacific region
- 29% were first time participants
- 1,083 abstracts were presented
- 85 people received a bursary to take part in the congress
In 2021 the congress took place online due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- 44% were first time participants
- 1,151 abstracts were presented
- women made up 57% of the 1,513 speakers
- 105 people received a bursary to take part in the online congress
- 61 live sessions took place, with a total of more than 10,000 views across the scientific programme.