On behalf of its member organisations, World
All physiotherapists are linked to World
As a member organisation, your association and its individual members have access to a number of benefits.
Policy and representation
- Member organisations can attend and vote at the World
Physiotherapygeneral meeting, which is held every four years, to help ensure World Physiotherapy’s work benefits the profession in your country/territory and worldwide
- We provide support for your association to establish
standards, develop education programmes, and regulate the physiotherapyprofession in your country/territory
- You will have opportunities to contribute to and have your say on World
- We can offer documents and letters of support to help you develop the profession in your country/territory
- World PT Day – be part of the global profession and join in with this World
Physiotherapy-sponsored day on 8 September to celebrate physiotherapyand its contribution to global health. We provide ready-to-print promotional materials, together with information and ideas on planning activities and events. When you send us a report about your World PT Day activities, we will include it on our website.
- Congress – World
Physiotherapyholds the profession’s largest international congress, showcasing advances in physiotherapyresearch, practice and education. Enjoy the members’ discount to attend.
As a member organisation you can expect to:
- receive our monthly update with international news and information resources for member organisations and individual physiotherapists.
- access World
Physiotherapy guidelinesand policieson professional issues, educationand regulationhelping the profession drive up professional standardsaround the world.
- have a profile page for your national
physiotherapyassociation on the World Physiotherapywebsite.
- receive up-to-date information on relevant international
- make contact with physiotherapists around the world through our networks, subgroups and discussion forums to help build the global
Physiotherapyworks with international healthbodies, including the World HealthOrganization and the World HealthProfessions Alliance, to ensure the physiotherapyprofession is recognised and consulted on global healthinitiatives and campaigns, including the promotion of positive working environments, making non-communicable diseases a global priority, and ending the trade in counterfeit medical products. As a member organisation you are linked to these international healthbodies.
Physiotherapyis an NGO in official relations with the World HealthOrganization
- Subgroups of World
Physiotherapyare independent international physiotherapyorganisations, each representing a specific area of interest
The profession’s most prestigious international honours recognise physiotherapists who have made outstanding international contributions to the profession and are made at congress.