Using the theme of osteoarthritis (OA), the Irish Society of Chartered Physiotherapists (ISCP) and hospitals in Ireland held several events to mark World PT Day 2022. These included:
- Hospital events: on the ground events – Hospital-based staff were delighted to host in-person activities this year; they had quizzes, HIIT challenges, stands, sweets, squat challenges and information sessions from the experts on OA . Photographs are available on the ISCP website.
- Socials: online activity focused on #WorldPTDay to promote the webinar. Today, we’re featuring pictures on twitter and facebook under the #tbt (throw back Thursday hashtag)- so that’s getting lots of traction.
- Webinar: a very successful webinar on Seven Osteoarthritis Myths with Dr Clodagh Toomey and Dr Helen French was held on 8 September. The ISCP partnered with Arthritis Ireland and 400+ people registered for the event, proving that the interest and recognition was very high. The event is available to watch here: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/recording/432568091217353744
- Print/broadcast media: pieces on OA with Dr Clodagh Toomey were carried in the Irish Independent (national broadsheet) and Newstalk (national talk radio).
- AskThePhysio: the ISCP's monthly theme-based social media campaign across insta, twitter and facebook and resources for physios are hosted on its AskThePhysio website.
- Leaflet: a special leaflet was produced on OA myths and is free to download.