The first gap relates to capacity. All board members are volunteers, and all currently have full-time work commitments. The impact of COVID-19 has placed even more demands on the board members from both work and personal perspectives, with increasing challenges from the need to meet virtually and more frequently for World Physiotherapy. The second gap is related to a regional/cultural perspective. The board believes that we are missing the insights/experiences of a physiotherapist from the Middle East region.
At the close of nominations, the following candidates had nominated:
- Ali Albarrati, member of the Saudi
Physical Therapy Association
- Alia A. Alghwiri, member of the Jordanian
- Nihad A. Almasri, member of the Jordanian
- Magdalena Hagovska, member of the Slovak Chamber of
- Ali Irani, member of the Indian Association of
- Dalia Woznica, member of the Polish Chamber of
The vote will be conducted online and electronic ballots will be sent to the voting delegate for each member organisation on 1 December 2021. Voting will close on 22 December and the results will be announced by 24 December 2021.
The new board member will begin their term on 1 January 2022 and will serve a two year term that will finish on 31 December 2023.