The data supports member organisations in their work to build awareness and develop resources for the
Every year we ask our member organisations to provide uniform data – to ensure the data is reliable, consistent, and comparable. Member organisations and regions may also separately collect additional data to meet their specific needs.
How can I access the data?
How can I use the data?
The data can be used for a range of activities, including planning and
- estimates of the total number of physiotherapists represented by member organisations and regions
- estimates of the total number of physiotherapists per head of population
- comparisons of the ratio of physiotherapists to population across countries/territories and regions
- comparisons of the ratio of physiotherapists to population with the ratio of other
healthprofessionals to population
- trends in
physiotherapy regulation, education, and practice
- indications of the need to increase levels of service
- indications of the regions with low numbers of physiotherapists in relation to the population in need