The specific functions of the appeals committee are to:
- consider, and determine the outcome of, any appeal by an organisation against a decision of the membership committee to refuse that organisation’s application for membership (clauses 8.6 and 8.7 and
- consider, and determine the outcome of, any appeal by a member organisation against a decision of the board to suspend that organisation’s membership due to an upheld complaint (clauses 15.9 and 15.10 and
- consider, and determine the outcome of, any appeal by an organisation against a decision by the membership committee to refuse the organisation’s application for reinstatement of terminated membership (clauses 16.8 and 16.9 and
Members were identified through an open call to member organisations for nominations. Nominees were required to have prior experience considering and determining outcomes of complaints or appeals and the nomination had to be supported by their national member organisation.
The appeals committee:
- Witness Mudzi, member of South African Society of
- Jefferson Cardoso, member of Physiotherapists’ Association of Brazil
- Shih-fen Hsiao, member of Taiwan Physical Therapy Association
- Julie Richardson, member of Canadian
- Constance Schlegl, member of Austrian
The board has appointed Witness Mudzi as chair.
The appeals committee met for the first time on 4 November 2020 to familiarise themselves with the World
- governing documents
regulationsrelating to appeals
- membership application, reinstatement and suspension processes.